July 09, 2015

Sublo and Tangy Mustard Process Post - backgrounds

Jeez it's been a while since I posted on here! I've been working at ShadowMachine the whole time. First animating on Triptank Season 1, then boarding and animating on Bojack Horseman Season 1, and most recently I directed 13 shorts for Triptank Season 2 with a small team of artists. I've been having a great time!

Anyway,I'm also working on a personal project called Sublo and Tangy Mustard, about two street mascots for a sub sandwich restaurant called Subpar. It should be six episodes long (at least for now) and each one will be 2-5 minutes. The first one is about 70% done at the moment.


I just finished the backgrounds for the first episode, and here's a step-by-step look at how I've been doing them:








3 comments:

alvinasimon said...

Wow this was very intriguing

Noah B said...

Can't wait to see more of this. Is there an animation test for this short?

Aaron Long said...

There is now, Noah! It doesn't show any of the more exciting animation in the first episode, but there's a teaser video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIKi6hWNaY